Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive! In this “always-on” world, we believe it is meaningful to have a genuine connection with the work you do. The epicenter of this transformation is powered by the world’s most sophisticated networks – the connectivity we build. Our experienced employees are rethinking the purpose, role and use of our networks across the globe; to increase bandwidth, expand capacity, improve efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration.
We are looking for a Engineer III, Test to be located in Goa.
How you’ll Help us Connect the World
The primary responsibility of this position will be to provide product testing services for new product development, product cost reductions, manufacturing plant transfers and other types of projects that require testing services. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Participate in multiple project team efforts including collaboration with other functions such as design engineering, project management, operations, purchasing and material planning.
- Assist in documentation of product requirements based on industry standards.
- Develop product evaluation test procedures and schedules.
- If necessary develop test fixtures and test software, specify and acquire new test equipment.
- Submit lab requests, schedule testing resources and provide technical support and work direction to technicians performing tests.
- Provide regular feedback to product development teams on progress and results of testing. Perform failure analysis.
- Write test reports documenting the results of testing.
- Review and approve product design and engineering change documentation for conformance to company, customer, agency and industry specifications and standards.
- Ability to deliver technical improvements to existing products/processes/services where feasible resulting in cost reductions or quality improvement.
- Thorough knowledge/experience with corporate, business unit and lab quality management system documentation.
- Thorough knowledge /experience with relevant industry standards for fiber optic products, range of lab test equipment, technical principals or equivalent.
- Experience with engineering tools such as LEAN and/or 6-sigma, DMAIC or other improvement process, DoE, FMEA, MSA, uncertainty.
- Possibility for travel potentially to international locations.
- Position has growth potential per engineering technical ladder with four additional engineering titles each with increasing responsibilities.
- Collaboration with current lab staff which includes other test engineers and technicians in team oriented environment.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s in related curriculum such as mechanical engineering or physics or equivalent and 5-8 Years of Related Experience
- Solid communication skills including excellent writing skills and fluency in English.
- Strong computer skills preferably with programming experience.
- Skilled at planning and ability to pay attention to details.
- Ability to effectively work within a team environment.
- Ability to deliver technical improvements to existing products/processes/services.
Strongly Desired Skills/Experience:
- Experience with design/test of fiber optic products per international and domestic industry standards.
- Programming experience with Visual Basic,LabView or equivalent.
Why Ficus Pax
It’s not very often you get a chance to connect with something extraordinary.
Driven by a collective sense of integrity, we are on a quest to ensure our lives, homes, and businesses are empowered by the world’s most advanced networks.
Our dynamic work environment attracts forward-thinking, hardworking, and caring people who strive to build what’s next. We provide our employees with opportunities where they can innovate and build while growing and developing their careers. We grow with change and know the value diversity plays in bringing forth new insights and generating better solutions.
Here, you will find a collaborative culture that encourages authenticity and champions inclusiveness. Come connect to your future!