Honeycomb paper, since many years has been a popular core filling material for doors worldwide. The Paper honeycomb structure provides optimal cover; high load bearing capacity and rigidity to the structure of the door. It stands unaffected from moisture in all kinds of climatic conditions. Being light weight, these doors require minimum hinges and thinner door frames. This makes it economical in terms of hardware and fixing costs.
Doors have wooden frames with honeycomb infill which are sandwiched with different faces like Moisture Resistant Ply, Particle Board or HDF to form a lightweight structure.
ADVANTAGES OF FICUS eCore DOORS
- Eco Friendly; made from 100 % recycled paper
- Weight reduction: Honeycomb core system enhances the structural integrity of the door, while significantly reducing the weight, with high load bearing capacity.
- Honeycomb core provides excellent impact resistance and high sound and thermal Insulation.
- Honeycomb core has proven to be very durable and stands unaffected from moisture in all kinds of climates and extreme weather conditions.
- Being light weight, these doors require minimum hinges and thinner door frames. This makes it economical in terms of hardware and fixing costs.
TYPES OF DOORS
Virtually all types of doors can be made using the Honeycomb Paper core
Veneer doors have a veneer pressed on the door face to give exotic wooden feel to the door. Any kind of veneer can be used and polished to give the desired look.
Laminated doors have a laminate pressed on the door face to replicate the look of a wooden door. Laminated doors prove to be a good alternative where you need an aesthetic look and high moisture resistance.
Skin doors have High Density Fibre (HDF) skins as face which give a very sturdy, three dimensional feel to the door. These doors prove to be highly moisture resistant and have the flexibility of different finishes based on taste like polishing or painting.
Solid Wood Doors
Solid wood doors can also be done by using a thin layer of solid wood on the honeycomb board. This serves the purpose of creating a replacement for a traditional solid wooden door while being environmentally responsible. The additional advantage would be the dimensional stability that honeycomb brings.